Mama Kat gave some good prompts this week. I thought long and hard. I decided to do #1. Write from the point of view of a glass at the edge of the table.
"Oh, she is so rude. She just grabs me off the shlef, hitting me in places where I don't need to be hit. If I get chipped, I'm gonna cut her lip. She hits the ice dispenser so hard. It's going to come out, why so rough. She's on refill #2, must have been thirsty. There she goes to her "spot". On the couch, with the TV on. Me on the table. At least she has the decency to put me on a coaster. Doesn't want me to leave a water mark for her to clean up later. She's so lazy, but I admire her smart thinking. She wants me again, only for a drink but still she wants me. She can't even move her body to take a drink. She can't turn away from the computer. She just pauses typing and reaches her short little arm behind her to get a drink, she misses her grasp on the cup, I topple, I hear her cuss, is she gonna drop me yet again?"
This is a true story. It happens almost every day at 4:15 when I get home from school. GO join Mama Kat for her weekly writing assignment.
4 comments:
LOL! I love all the glass posts. Very clever!
I love how the glass is going to retaliate!
This is why we were forced to invest in plastic "glasses". I can't be trusted with the real thing.
Hey, you never emailed me your idea.
Post a Comment