Thursday, October 9, 2008

'Fraid So

So some weeks I feel no inspiration for Mama Kat's writing assignment and other weeks I can write about 3 or 4 of them. The list ones are the easiest ones for me. I love lists. So...

10 things that I'm afraid of. In no particular order.

#1-Amusement rides. I despise them. I don't know if it's the speed, the height, the feeling of losing control. I hate them.

#2-Needles. This is valid. It's not just I don't like them b/c it hurts. When I was 7 I had an unexplained fever. I had 3 spinal taps in 6 days. Blood draws every 4 hours for 6 days, 1 a day for like 2 weeks and then 1 a week for 6 weeks. It was not easy. I was scarred. Then when I was 12 I had stitches and my dr was a dick head and didn't give my anthestic nicely.

#3-Losing my husband to an early death. He travels so much and is around so much huge machinery. I just have awful visions of getting a phone call or a visit.

#4-Not being able to have a child. This one is self explanatory. I don't have the energy to explain this now.

#5-Creepy crawlies. We live in the "country" and they are all over. UGH!

#6-Not teaching my students effectively. I always wonder if I'm really doing this right and the kids are really learning.

#7-That blogging is an addiction. What happened to faithful TV watching, reading books, doing school stuff.

#8-Not pleasing people. I'm a people pleaser. I say YES to much, it's so hard for me to please myself over somebody else, especially family or friends.

#9-Losing some friendships. After 16 months of marriage, I'm realizing that while I've gained so much; there are some things that I've lost and I will continue to lose and I've finally started to say goodbye. Yet there are some friendships that I can't say goodbye to ever and truly hope that I never have to.

#10-I can't think of anything. I guess I'm only afraid of 9 things.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I have read a couple fear prompts so far, and I have to say we must be kindred spirits! 3-8 I totally am there with you on!

And don't worry about the teaching thing. All the good ones feel this way. Your little ones are lucky to have you!

tiarastantrums said...

I did fears as well - and I totally forgot about amusement rides - I HATE THem! they freak me out - I get so sick - literally I will pass out if I ride anything. I went on the silly teacups with my daughters at Disney and threw up!!!!!

S Club Mama said...

So as much as I fear rollercoasters, I really do enjoy them. It's just a pill to get me to not worry about them breaking down while in the midst of my ride.
I just love the adrenaline rush.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

my husband hates needles too. and blood. he gets pale and looks like he is going to faint. strangely, that stuff doesn't bother me. but i do hate creepy crawlies!

Anonymous said...

I fear #6 as well..

jenn said...

Good list. I couldn't do this prompt because, if I wrote about my fears, I would be stressing all day.

KatBouska said...

This list definitely made me think...I like it when people come up with different things. And the needles?? Yeah I wouldn't be a fan with that history either! Poor thing.