Oh what a day! We held a surpise retirement party at my home for my grandma this afternoon. It took weeks of preparation and lying to her and two days of cleaning my house. Well the party was a huge sucsess and went off without a hitch. She was moved to tears. ( I don't have any pictures my mom had a friend of hers take all the pictures.)
I was good until about 2:30. My brother and his girlfriend, who have a 13 month old decided to announce today of all days that Chelsea is pregnant again. I watched my mom almost scream and jump up and down in excitement while they were surrounded by relatives and family friends. I quickly feigned a happy congratulations. And ran. I hid in the bathroom in the dark and just cried. Then I had to clean myself up and fake it for the rest of the day.
I'm so hurt by mom. She knows that we are officially dealing with infertility. She knows how worried I am, she obviously doesn't know how hurt I am today. I was kind of rude to her and shrugged her off the rest of the afternoon, but if I wouldn't, I just would have lost it.
I am the oldest, I should have been the first to get married. (which I was) And then the first to give them a grand child. (which I wasn't.) Who knows if they will ever get a grandchild from Nick and me. I don't know how I'm going to deal with this for the next 9 months and I just don't know if I can handle it.
God bless, Nick, he's trying so hard to understand, but he just doesn't get why I'm so hurt and upset.
Tomorrow is a new day and maybe tomorrow the hurt won't be so severe and I can not think about it so much.
4 comments:
Becky,
I am so sorry that you had such a bad end to your afternoon. Obviously I don't know how you are feeling, but as a friend and Christian know that I am praying for you and that HE has a plan only HE knows. Hope that your day has some bright spots.
Oh dear, I understand this is hard for you, I do. Try to talk to your mom, she probably doesn't understand the foot she stuffed in her mouth. I know I do it all the time and I don't mean to. It's something new I'm learning about (not myself, but you know) and I'm plain dumb about it sometimes. But the best way to allow sympathy and understanding (which are in no way shape or form pity) is to express your feelings and let everyone know.
And you shouldn't have to feign happiness for someone. I'm sure you're happy for them, just sad for yourself, and they should understand that.
And I'm so sorry; if you need/want to talk, I'm here (I think you have my cell #).
Ok sometimes I need a break from my mom, I understand! Glad you're doing better. T is feeling better; very ornery today.
I really like your blog and I'm adding you to my blogroll!
Thanks so much for stopping by via SITS and leaving a comment - I really appreciate that. SITS is amazing, isn't it?
Take care and hope to see you again soon...
:^) Anna
Post a Comment