Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Turning to God

I won't say who I did or didn't vote for, there were issues that I struggled with on both sides and it was a decision that I struggled with all the way to the polling booth. I heard arguments from both sides throughout my family. I have farmers and welfare recipients in my family. Gun advocates and gun opponents. Teachers and corporates. War veterans and peace makers. Christians and atheists. Pro-choice and pro-life. Two extremes on so many of the issues.

My heart aches for our country. Not because someone won and someone else lost. Because I truly believe that this election will divide this country like we've never seen before.

So tonight I turn to God, I remember that he will reign supreme. I turn to Deuteronomy 10:17 which says "For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes." I turn to Joshua 5:13-14 "When Joshua was near the town of Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with sword in hand. Joshua went up to him and demanded, “Are you friend or foe?” “Neither one,” he replied. “I am the commander of the Lord’s army.”

And I pray, I get down on my kness and pray that God will unite and not divide this country. That he will protect us from evil and will guide President Obama, VP Biden and the 535 members of the US House and Senate.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I voted too...and struggled....stopping by from SITS to say HI!!!

Tiffany said...

I'm stopping by from SITS. THat's a great prayer for our country.